How To Build Backlinks For Affiliate Power
If there’s one thing I learned from my marketing mentors, it’s the value of having a backlinking strategy. Here are a few tips I have picked up on how to build backlinks for affiliate power.
Experienced Internet Marketers tend to forget that new marketers may not be familiar with the terminology, so it is worth mentioning here that a backlink is a link posted on another site that points back to your website.
Getting backlinks from other sites is a good thing; it is one indication of your site’s *popularity. The more backlinks you can get, the better it is because the more popular your site is, the better the search engines like you and the better chance you have of getting your site ranked high on the search engine results pages (SERPs).
*Would you like to check your site popularity right now? …
Here is a free service where you can find out how many backlinks your site currently has: SEOCentro Link Popularity Tool
Building backlinks is not one of those “set and forget” tasks that you can do just once and never think about again. Remember, you are competing with countless other entrepreneurs who are also trying to get high SERP rankings by building backlinks. Also, backlinks you built a month or six months or a year ago may no longer be active, so you need to make sure to keep adding new backlinks to stay ahead of the game.
Here’s how to build backlinks for affiliate power:
1) Article Marketing is still one of the most popular ways to create backlinks. There are a number of article directories to choose from. These directories do not typically allow you to post self-serving links in the body of your articles, but they do let you include an author resource box where you can include a link to your website.
2) Social Bookmarking has become a popular way to create backlinks. Each time I post to my blog, I submit the post to select social sites using Onlywire.com and SocialMarker.com.
3) Social Media sites: Most social sites let you post an online profile where you can include a link to your website. Facebook and LinkedIn are good examples. IM faceplate is a newer Social Networking site that specializes in helping you brand yourself.
4) Forum Posting can be a good way to build some backlinks. Most online business and marketing forums allow you to include your website link in your forum signature.
5) Blog Commenting gets your name out there as an active marketer who visits other sites and can provide some backlinks.
There are a variety of hints and tips that can be applied to each of these methods, and there are additional ways to build backlinks, but those listed here are among the most used and recognized.
Ultimately, the best advice to give on how to build backlinks for affiliate power is be sure to use a variety of methods, and keep working at it regularly. The only thing better than a backlink is a high quality backlink … but that’s a subject for another article!
*You might also enjoy these Affiliate Power Central blog posts:
~ ~ ~
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!